CONTEST RULES & DETAILS
When: December 5th – December 24th
Where: Pleasant View, TN 37146 and the Surrounding Area
Prizes: Locally Sourced Gift Baskets for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winners
Entry Deadline: 11:59pm on December 19th
Judges: Business Sponsors will Judge Residential Homes
Judging Period: 5:00pm to 9:00pm – Dec 20th – 23rd
Winners Announced: 5:00pm – December 24th
1. Participation is open to all residents in Pleasant View, TN and the surrounding area.
2. Entry is free, no cost or fees apply.
3. Employees of the Town of Pleasant View, Love Pleasant View, and Business Sponsors are not eligible to win prizes.
4. Online Entries must be received no later than 11:59pm on December 19th, 2019.
5. The contest is for exterior decorations only, including decorations in windows that are visible from the exterior. Judging will be done from the road and also outside the residence only.
6. Judging will be based on “curb appeal” as viewed from the street only. Judges will not enter the property to view back or side yards.
7. Participants agree to have one or more photographs or videos of their decorated residence exterior posted by Love Pleasant View and/or published in various forms of media. The participant agrees there will be no compensation of any kind for said posting or publication of the photograph.
8. Residential judging criteria will include
[a] COVERAGE: Unique design and creative use of lights and decorations;
[b] ATMOSPHERE: Overall presentation and Christmas Spirit;
[c] SHOWMANSHIP: Display and placement of decorations, animated objects, storyline or theme;
9. Judging for residential homes will be conducted from 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. the week of 12/20/18-12/23/2018 by Business Sponsors. Judging for Local Businesses will be held on the Love Pleasant View Facebook Page and the deadline for community votes will be 11:59 pm on 12/23/2019.
10. Participants should ensure that all lights, animations and decorations are in place and activated for the judging periods on all nights.
11. Prizes will be Locally Sourced Gift Baskets: One 1st place prize; one 2nd place prize, one 3rd place prize. There will be a 1st, 2nd and 3rd place winner announced for Local Businesses for bragging rights.
12. Winners will be announced via Facebook Live on the ‘Love Pleasant View’ Facebook Page on December 24th at 5:00pm.
1. COVERAGE (0-10 POINTS) This scores how well homeowners have covered their home and yard with lights and decorations. Too few lights and decorations should result in a lower score. Keep in mind that the opposite also holds true-decorative too many lights may receive a lower score.
2. ATMOSPHERE (0-10 POINTS) This scores the level of Christmas Spirit you feel when viewing the home. Atmosphere can come from a variety of different sources. Lights and decorations are not necessarily the only variables in calculating this score.
3. SHOWMANSHIP (0-10 points) This scores the home owner’s attention to detail. An obvious amount of forethought and planning should be apparent. Special touches like the creative use of lights and decorations or the use of music and/or projection equipment should result in a higher score. Decorations that seemed to be placed at random should cause a lower score.
1. CHRISTMAS TREE VISIBLE FROM THE ROAD (+ 5 POINTS) If the Christmas Tree is visible from the street award these bonus points.
2. EXTRA EFFORT (+3 POINTS) If it is apparent that the owner has gone above and beyond they deserve some extra points.
3. HOLIDAY SEASON BONUS (+2 POINTS) If the home is on a street with more than half of the other homes illuminated with Christmas Lights, plus 2.