Our recent facebook poll asking residents, who would want to see a dog park come to Pleasant View, TN received a majority of support in favor of building one!
More than 500 people participated in the poll and the final vote totals were 346: Yes to 185: No.
For now, Kingston Springs will remain the only town in Cheatham County with a dog park called ‘The Barking Lot’. Their town has established clear rules and regulations for use including:
- The Barking Lot is open dawn until dark.
- Owners and handlers are responsible and liable for the actions and behaviors of their dogs at all times.
- Dogs must be on a leash and under control by their owners/handlers at all times outside of the fenced dog park.
- Dog owners/handlers must respect the rights of others to use this area by maintaining control of their pets at all times.
- Dogs showing aggression toward people or animals must be removed immediately. Handlers must have a leash in hand at all times while in the off-leash area.
- All dogs must be healthy, vaccinated and collared with identifications.
- For safety reasons, users are asked to remove pinch (prong) and spike collars from their dog prior to entering the dog run.
Let us know why you would or would not want a dog park in Pleasant View in the comments below!